Financial Aid Essentials
A Wheeling Country Day School education is an investment in your child, providing the foundation for all future learning.
Paying for an independent school education is a concern for all families. Current families and those applying for admission may apply for need-based financial aid awards.
As an independent school, Wheeling Country Day School has the freedom to let passionate teachers create educational experiences to meet your child’s individual needs without state mandates regarding curriculum, textbooks, and testing. The tuition charged at Wheeling Country Day School does not cover the total cost of educating each student; therefore, to some degree, all students receive financial aid.
Mission and Philosophy
Wheeling Country Day School offers financial aid to enroll students who could not otherwise afford to attend. No qualified student should be deterred by financial constraints from applying to Wheeling Country Day School, and families who feel they need assistance are encouraged to apply for aid.
- All financial aid is need-based.
- Financial aid decisions are made independently from admissions decisions; an aid application will not be forwarded to the Financial Aid Committee until after acceptance has been confirmed.
- Financial aid is open to families/child of any sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, or religion.
- Financial aid is intended as a supplement to family resources, and families are asked to consider all alternatives prior to requesting aid.
- Financial aid is not only for those whose ability to pay is extremely limited, but also for those who have more substantial means, but need some help to meet tuition.
- All financial information is kept in strict confidence.
- Financial aid is awarded annually; therefore, applications must be submitted each year.
These amounts are eligible for need-based financial aid:
Senior Kindergarten – Fifth Grade tuition for 2017-2018 is $10,270.00.
Preschool and Junior Kindergarten tuitions are dependent on the program chosen with limited financial aid available.
To aid in objectively assessing a family’s ability to contribute toward tuition, a third-party system, Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST), the online service of Independent School Management (ISM), processes need-based financial aid applications.
- Click on the FAST logo above
- Click Start Application to begin
- The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. FAST has a 24/7/365 helpline available to you should you have any questions: 877-326-3278.
- The charge for the application is $43.00 to be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) after all sections have been completed.
- After completing the online application, you will be required to scan your tax documents (federal taxes including all schedules and W-2’s) to FAST for verification purposes. Your tax return must follow the submission of the online application and be submitted to FAST in order for your application to be processed and the information forwarded to the school.
FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be awarded or how much; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. The Financial Aid Committee uses this information as a starting point with additional considerations including the total financial aid budget and the needs of the entire applicant pool.
Please contact Julie Squibb (email@example.com), Director of Admissions and Financial Aid with any questions or concerns.